BlueOx Credit Union strives to help our members obtain financial well-being! A key component of this is financial education. We deliver this everyday at our offices, through classes out in the community, and online. We invite you to explore the many resources we have to offer.
If you’ve made your way to this page, you may be wondering if you could benefit from some guidance with regard to your personal finances. You’ve come to the right place. Rather than letting financial instability and stress rule your life, take a proactive step that can put you back in control of your finances.
Financial disasters sometimes strike suddenly, but more often it is a progressive, downward spiral through years of credit card mismanagement, overspending, or simply the lack of financial skills. The earlier one recognizes the danger, the easier it is to get on track.
Below is a list of symptoms that can be indicators of financial instability and may help you decide if you are a candidate for some extra guidance. Do you:
- Feel overwhelmed by the stress of trying to squeeze a dollar out of a dime?
- Experience worry or embarrassment with regard to personal financial situation?
- Have difficulty paying bills on time and have bill collectors are calling?
- Pay minimum or reduced payments to allow coverage of food and housing expenses?
- Incur late and over limit fees?
- Have difficulty saving even a small amount between paychecks?
- Borrow from Peter to pay Paul?
- Initiate NSF debit card or electronic withdrawals, or write NSF drafts?
- Carry multiple credit card balances?
- Pay for grocery purchases with credit cards out of necessity?
We have trained financial counselor on staff who can provide assistance in the preparation of a spending plan, finding methods of increasing resources and reducing living expenses, and arranging for reduced credit payments.
We are happy to provide this service at no cost to our members. For an appointment, call 269-660-1323.Go to main navigation